Sunday, March 1, 2009

Orange and Purple and MORE! Oh my!

Michael and I went to a bead show yesterday. What fun! We decided that this time we were going to focus on getting a few really spectacular things - things that we really loved. We decided that if we buy things that we love working with - love looking at - love wearing (Ok... mainly me. Michael's bead wardrobe is a little limited.), chances are someone else would love them too. Good choice? We hope so!

So... what did we find????

I found some exquisite clear faceted crystal briolettes that are HUGE! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I'd love to do something "bridey", but I'm just not sure. I'll have to look at them a while and see.



Michael saw some Amethyst that caught his eye - BEAUTIFUL! By the time we got home, I had an idea for a bracelet that I wanted to make with them. Maybe we can get it up on Etsy tomorrow.


Then there were some 14mm round, faceted Citrine beads that virtually leaped from the table into my hands! I tried to put them down, but they refused to leave me. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) What could I do but buy them. They're not the standard yellow Citrine that I'm used to seeing. They are very special. The picture is a little strange with the light shining through the facets. The string appears zig-zaggy. But the beads are GORGEOUS!



The last "find" were some beautiful round 16mm Carnelian beads - again, very pretty - more unusual than what I'm used to finding. I do have some ideas for them, so you may see them here soon. So pretty! SO pretty!


Have a great day!
jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment from you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin