Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Watch This!

So!  Something new in the shop - a watch.  This one has turquoise beads and silver spaces on sterling silver - handcrafted from silver wire by - me! 

We've sold several watches, but we've never had one in our Etsy shop - until now!  :-)

I love the graceful look of curved wire - silver, copper, brass.  It seems so peaceful and lovely to me.  And I love working with the wire - one of my favorite ways to relax.


I also made a turquoise and pearl bracelet that looks GREAT with the watch.  I think Michael calls it a "companion piece".  It really is a great companion piece.



There is also a pair of earrings that match the bracelet.  We'll have to see that those get into the shop (TheEarringLady) tomorrow morning.

I was reading about Turquoise this afternoon. I found out that it's one of the oldest stones known - dating as far back as the Egytians.  Turquoise is considered by many to bring inner strength, and to provide protection from harm.  I love reading about the spiritual qualities of different gemstones.

Do you have a favorite gemstone?  Why is it your favorite? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray! A comment from you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin