Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Did you read the book? The movie is SOOOO close to the book! I was expecting to be disappointed (strange point of view for an optimist, I know), but the movie was F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C ! Definitely 5 Go's!

Chelsea and Michael and I went last night. Chelsea and I both read the book - Michael did not - and I think we all enjoyed it equally. There were things in the book that didn't make it to the movie that Chelsea and I would like to have seen in the movie.

We thought some things could have been more clear - like the age differences in Henry were pretty subtle, for the most part. We would have liked more library stuff in the beginning - that kind of thing, but I know they did have a time limit. (If the movie had been 2 1/2 hours long, I'd be complaining about THAT!) Anyway.. I don't want to say too much and ruin it for anyone. Just go.

In the end, we laughed - we cried, just like we were supposed to. I mean, isn't that the eventual movie litmus test? So good! Sooooo good!

Rachel McAdams (Chelsea's favorite actress) and Eric Bana were beyond terrific. (I'd love to be just half as nice as Claire was) It was easy to just... be there - to forget we were watching a movie.

If you haven't seen it... go see it! (And don't forget your tissues!)

If you have seen it... what did YOU think????

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet, but I appreciate the short review, as I'd really looove to see it, but my daughter doesn't want to go see a "sad" movie, lol. From what I hear, it's more a great love story and who doesn't enjoy a truly great love story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rachel McAdams! I'm glad it's good - I'm going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TLC - it was sad, but oh soooooo good. You're right - a marvelous love story! If you haven't read the book, I'm sure you'd love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! A comment from you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin